Saturday, January 7, 2012

Letters to Her FB. 8

These are most of my Facebook status rants, I'll be posting them up mostly so I can look back and be like...
"That was good...when did you get so smart? And why aren't you like that now?"
Enjoy.



Yeah, so here I am again posting up advice to the ladies on all things masculine because us dudes are once again catching the bullets on the newsfeed.
Keep in mind this isn’t for all chicks, just the ones that WON’T SHUT UP ABOUT THEIR RELATIONSHIP WOES.
Now then…
Cheesy, I have beef with cheesy statuses/sayings/messages/texts/everything, don’t get me wrong, I’m cool with “Spent the whole day with boo-boo!<3”
But not, “one of these days I’m gonna find my knight in shining armor!?!?!?!”
I want to kick myself in the face every time I see one of these, and then you so maybe you could catch an ounce of reality into you.
No joke.

Let’s go back to knights, guys who followed a code of chivalry, which for some reason every girl thinks that means I’ll be sprinting in front of you to hold open a door.
1. I’m not sprinting anywhere for you unless you’ve been shot and/or are dying.
2. I hold open the door not to score “points,” but because I’m not an asshole, I’d expect you to at least push it open when you’re in front of me so I can at least pass through. It’s just being polite right?

That code of chivalry? Which is a militaristic type of code that was set up so everyone played fair on the battle field, ladies got penciled in because someone thought that warriors, though as bad ass as they are, should still be nice to the ladies.
I agree…
What I don’t agree with is that’s what basically kicked off the whole “women are to weak/weak minded/need to stay in the kitchen” attitude we are trying so hard to destroy today.

So you can throw that out the window.

Some idiot male down the line thought it would be cute if he could make up something that would “make him different from all the rest.” So he sugar coated reality and came up with some catchy cute lingo’s to get the chick he wanted.
In that everyone followed suite and the media capitalized on it, so now we have this problem of males trying to be more then they are, hence either an over-confidence, or a sharp lack of it based on the fact they realized they can’t live up to that.

Sucks don’t it guys?

Mr. Man is all that he is, if your going to rage at someone not accepting you for who you are, make sure you never do the same, because we have faults, awkward moments and will make plain stupid mistakes. Just like you.

Last time I checked I had a brain, and a beating heart, just like you.
No idea where we came up with this spectrum to class human beings further, but we did, stupid none the less.
Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment