"That was good...when did you get so smart? And why aren't you like that now?"
Enjoy.
So ugh...well.
I thought I honestly killed it, the gushy mushy news feed about what you expect the opposite gender to bring into your life.
I was wrong.
So...(This is going to be a long one, be warned.)
I'm going to be posting up advice for the ladies on all things brosky/male/dude because us guys...will never catch a break on the newsfeed.
I thought this was over...I really, really did.
Guess not. My dreams have been crushed.
So here it is.
Round One:
This absolute sacred rule you must preserve whenever using a social website, will forever more positively affect your relationships and the people you get involved with, and will make you a great deal less annoying is…
STOP POSTING YOUR FRIGGEN EXPECTATIONS!
I don’t care if you want him to “never let go and chase me if I leave!”
Your dumbass just invited every single stalker within the immediate vicinity of your friends list. And they are the literal type that will take your words to heart and,
WILL CHASE YOU EVEN IF YOU TRY AND LEAVE.
No really though, it’s just annoying, people like me? Just get pissed off, it’s almost a challenge for us males, to perform to a certain expectation, and it’s slightly degrading if I don’t have a singing voice and can’t play a guitar.
You’d get annoyed too if I was posting up every other day something about how Kim Kardashian is going to knock on my door and propose.
Hell, I even wished upon a star, because only romantic people do that right?
But reality socked me in the face, and Kim Kardashian didn’t show up…
Sucks don’t it?
In all honesty, what fun is there in trying to get to know you? All I have to do is look up your facebook and in five minutes I’ll be looking like (DARE I MENTION IT) Prince Charming.
And your stupid self would think I’m some God-send or something like that.
No idiot, three clicks and I knew your life story.
A pity…nothing worth knowing anyway.
Don’t do it, you throw out your expectations, and someone lowers theirs of you.
Simple as that.
Round Two:
Understand this simple concept.
Confidence is at a low in the male population, the majority of us also do not like our own body image, social skills, etc.
But you won’t see a “To Write Love on His Arms.” Commercial, you’ll see Justin Beiber or some tan buff dude.
So keep in mind before you rant on how he is “dragging his feet,” for some reason its our jobs to try and set something up, then let chance take a hit because its 50-50 buddy, yes or no.
If you ever are up to the challenge madam, yes the one that is reading this, ask boo-boo out. But that’s only if you can take the heat, which will make you much more of an enjoyable person because we automatically have someone who knows rejection or just the jitters from asking.
We, like you, appreciate people we can associate with.
So just keep in mind, if you EVER ask for it, be prepared to lead by example and give it.
It should be a 50-50 relationship, we, like you, appreciate fairness.
Round three:
This fights basically over, but tune in for this last and most important one.
Expand your horizons.
I hate how everyone expects a cookie cutter lady or gent that “completes you.”
You know those stupid ass memory games? You flip one random card, flip another, and try to find the matching one?
Yeah.
It’s a bunch of bull.
And there you are, still flipping cards, finding out if your going to find your “match,” that likes everything you do, and better yet, loves long walks on the beaches, relaxing nights at a spa…yada yada…
This goes for everything.
Tall, Short, skinny, buff, black white, whatever…you expect someone to enjoy you for who you are, and will rant about how you’re trying to find that person, make it easy on yourself and just do it for other people.
We have this stupid image in America that its tall guy, shorter girl, black guy, black girl, etc.
And that’s something that really pissed me off. And I’m going to have to bring it up one of these days when the time is appropriate.
I was talking to two ladies, that were white, and later I would talk to four that were black, but they told me these same things.
White for white.
Black for black.
I was offended because I was neither completely black nor completely white, I was stuck in limbo, and hugely offended because I was born with a skin pigment some people wouldn’t consider “their type.”
I wasn’t even attracted to any of these girls, but I felt hurt.
I can’t help that. Guess when someone I’m actually attracted to says the same thing I should just call in the towel and walk it out?
With the idiot expectations we keep falling for in OUR society.
Yes.
But I’m not, everyone has seen the flaws, everyone has thought about it, now someone speak up and say something.
Because I did, and will continue to.
You can’t give me a shot because I’m not your preferred height?
No problem, you go ahead and get with the movie style D-Bag everyone just LOVES.
It’s your life right?
Or are you going to step outside the boundaries?
Psh…dang girl, you sit around waiting for someone to notice you, and they aren’t. I felt it’s the same for me, so sometimes you just gotta get up and break the rules, all of them if you have to.
Because I would rather never date until I am 30 and find the right one that will be there for me FOR life.
Then set myself up under false pretenses and status quo’s.
I hope you view it the same.
Its your game, its your life, play it how you wanna play it, it came with a manual, so did mine, but I just ripped it up and built on it how I WANTED it to be.
Can you do the same?
Just sayin.
No comments:
Post a Comment