Sunday, February 5, 2012

One side of the argument.

Hi people.
My name is Nathan, I am a Washingtonian, Mixed Ethnicity, American Citizen, male, and most importantly a human being.
But I like many of you, am slightly confused on dealing with the opposite gender.
I thought that girls in the culture I am apart of valued males that valued them for more then what they can do in a 15 minute span.

At least that's what I thought.
I mean, that's what you gal's post up on Facebook every three seconds right? "One loyal girlfriend is worth a hundred hoes."
So why is that when I (being told that I am of the gentlemen type) try and bring something up, try to 'spark' interest between her and I, am I always put on the back burner?
I thought the saying "Nice guys finish last," belonged in those cartoons we watched, where the bad guy took advantage of the good guys good nature, and escaped once again.
Curses...

But no really, I'm confronted by a shit load of useless information of what girls expect of me, being that I was a male and born with external junk.
Thus requiring me to start EVERY conversation, be the FIRST to invite you to go somewhere, and even hell wouldn't know what to do with itself if I didn't pay for EVERY meal.
On top of having a rocking body/killer smile/everything out of every cheesy chick flick known to woman.
Hell, I could be spontaneous, I'd like to consider myself a step up from the "get her flowers" routine.
I can do that, I should say more then that.
At least that's what I've been told.
Don't take this as some blog to get people's attention, as some desperate plea to get more people attracted to me. That was never the point of this post, this blog.
There are plenty of people in this same exact situation.

I can be romantic.
I can shower you in things, take you to different places, whisk you away when you're in dire distress etc.
Already off the bat I value your life above mine.
But I'm not getting that.
I never thought I'd have these waves of chicks pulling and ripping at my clothes everywhere I dared show my face to public.
Nope, never was an expectation, didn't even consider it, would like it, but at the same time would despise it.
Looks was never something of that great of value for me, I mean I'm practical with it, eventually she'd get old right? At 80, I wouldn't look that great, and no amount of make up could save her from the ultimate weapon in Ugly's arsenal.
Time.

But off of that, I wouldn't want all those chicks simply because I am looking for only one.
That's it.
And I'm frustrated I can't even keep that up when I'm not being mauled by a crowd of two piece wearing females.
Dammit.
I'm stuck in limbo, I'm here, a partially assembled male, only missing whats the most valued/hated piece of equipment he has.
His confidence.

So I try and make up for it with humility, I stare at your ass, and then make sure you know I'm staring at your ass, I won't make some stupid ass sexist joke, or enter the room saying terrible shit so you know I'm the "alpha male."
No, I'll ask you how you are doing, and you'll say.
"Good."
And then I'll ask you about how are you REALLY doing.
And then you'll say.
"I'm doing ok."
And then, get this part...having the satisfaction that I cracked through your social setting armor, I'll go further and ask.
"What's OK about your life?"
And that's where it starts.
I'll CALL you, not TEXT you.
I'm patient with you, because most guys that deal with half the crap you say, awkward or not, aren't in it simply because they want to "connect on a deeper level."
They really don't though, and then you find this out and tell the world about it....
But won't do anything about it.
Sometimes it feels like it's harder being a dude then a chick, hell it seems to me that 9/10 all you have to do is be good looking.
But I KNOW that's not true.

And that, that statement I said earlier can cut both ways.
I KNOW that there are ladies stuck in this state, and I'm looking for you.
But I need some confirmation that you aren't like the rest, some type of flag that'll catch my attention. It goes past wearing different clothes, it goes past talking about politics.
Could you do all the stuff I listed off before?
Would you? Not could you, anyone could do that.
But would you willingly do that?
I don't doubt it.
Now I'm just hunting for you, I see someone that could be you, but that didn't work out, she won't even reply.
I should call her up, verbally slap her around, demanding that she explain why hasn't she talked to me. Why do I have to keep it going every time. Why can't she just be honest with me and tell me she doesn't want me wasting my time and giving her my attention, because she doesn't want it?
I don't know, but I hate playing this game.
I did that once, I blew up on someone, and they gave me the exact response I had prepared for.
"I'm busy."
But I couldn't say anything, I was defeated with that, my confidence had already been expended, and no amount of word combat could bring that back.

So here I am again, one of many gentlemen who would like to date you, but are sucked into the system of where "girls just feel like they can have fun!"
So they date 2nd class dudes that only trash such said girls reputation and drive me away from ever thinking about being with them because of the crazy things I heard about that went on between them.
Then that such said chick will once again complain to the world about how "there aren't enough real gentlemen out there."
And all I can muster is.
F*ck You.
I tried talking to you, but you put me on blast and instead paid attention to Mr. Badass over there who right after breaking up with you is spotted leaving some chicks house at 3AM in the morning.
It's confusing.

It seems like I have to adhere to all these expectations but never give out my own.
I could list them off, but I won't.
Maybe one day, if I'm frustrated enough, I'll ruin some chicks confidence and post up all of mine, just to let it be known.
I'm frustrated right now.
I really am.
But I guess dating people I consider attractive is hazardous for my health, I'm getting people that don't give a damn about what I have to think, seems like it's the opposite point of view as well.
But I don't care.
This got confusing.
I'm done with it.
As you can see I'm frustrated at the lack of opportunity I'm getting, some of these girls I know that were in similar situations switched sexuality, but I can't do that, that's not me.
So I'm stuck, again.
Here in Limbo.





No comments:

Post a Comment